ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - crag etiquette

monkey man - on 14 Oct 2012

I have a particular bug bare which was highlighted again today! While climbing at a relatively small crag say 30 ish routes available with a narrow belay area, though with other crags nearby we were joined by a another group. So we are set on a route, our gear tidily to the side and dog tied up lying by our gear. So often it seems people will chose to climb on top of us. Why do people choose to climb a line immediately next to an occupied line? So rather than my second set of we have to move gear along, move the dog etc only for the others in their party to decide to climb near to so repeat process. Now I can understand that they wanted to climb the classic of crag which we had just done and is good, however there were 4 other route at crag of same grade 2 of which are stared. We were seconding the route so likely not to be long before out of the way.

What I donít understand is why climb on top of each other when other routes around, I find it disruptive to my climbing and not the safest tactic either especially if loose rock around. But I think the most infuriating is that some people refuse to communicate, surely it is common courtesy to say hello what are you doing etc... in many instances this could make for a more pleasurable experience.

Personally I wonder if this type of behaviour is worse amongst climbers who are often driven people
... not showing 20 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums