ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Where are the women?

janeth - on 16 Oct 2012
Where are you all?

In early Sept myself and my (female) climbing partner went on a bit of a UK road trip. We have not done much cragging over the last 10 years due to family commitments and we were expecting to see an increase in the number of women climbing - but no - nothing appears to have changed from when we were climbing regularly. We were at Bowden - no other women leading and very few bouldering and none climbing together, Windgather (bumbly heaven - we were recovering from Bowden) again very few women leading and no other women climbing together. 2 days at the popular end of stanage and a similar story. Wales (Cromlech, Grochan and tremadoc) showed a slight improvment in the score sheet. We see loads of women climbing at our local wall and women are much better represented in the mags and guidebooks than when we first started climbing - so where are they all climbing??? Do the all just climb inside 0r have they all become good sports climbers without lingering on the trad routes?
... not showing 109 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums