UKC

Whats happened to Tanky's Trog?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 18 Oct 2012

Tanky's Trog was cancelled last year because (amongst other things)the Woodhead MRT withdrew their support.

Now I see a new 'Trigger' Marsden-Edale event took place in January, supported by, and in aid of... the Woodhead MRT.

As someone who ran in Tanky's Trog in the 70s, I find this sad, as the most recent Trogs have been in aid of Alzheimer's, which, (I understand) Tanky has.

Can anyone enlighten me further? Is there a Trog this year?
In reply to Fredt:

Quite a lot of info on the FRA website. Might not be happy reading.
 smithaldo 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Fredt: A mix of personalities and lack of realising what it took to organise has led to its demise I believe.

IIRC Woodhead MRT withdrawing support was actually partly in response to what happened the year before, with it being cancelled last minute because the right permissions were not got, which had been pointed out to organisers a while before it actually happened.
 AB 18 Oct 2012
In reply to smithaldo:

I thought 2010 was cancelled last minute due to the snow?

The organisers explanation of why no 2011 race is here:
http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?12533-Tanky-s-trog/page165
 msjhes2 18 Oct 2012
In reply to AB: All I know for definite is that I entered the last 2 years. Both got cancelled, a refund was promised and no refund ever arrived!

Its a shame but times change. The inaugural Trigger last year however was excellent and I'll be back again this year.
 KeithWakeley 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Fredt:
>
> Tanky's Trog was cancelled last year because (amongst other things)the Woodhead MRT withdrew their support.

There is more to this than first appears on the surface. WMRT had given a huge ammount of support to this event over there years, the 08 & 09 events may not have happened without the hard work of some members of the fell running community - who also happen to be WMRT members - getting involved.
Certain events in 2010 cast a little doubt over whether 2011 would run and whether WMRT could fully commit, by the time the request came through the team was committed to other more pressing training.
>
> Now I see a new 'Trigger' Marsden-Edale event took place in January, supported by, and in aid of... the Woodhead MRT.

The implied tone of the above that WMRT ditched Tanky's in place of the Trigger is false. WMRT would, had circumstances been different supported both events.

>
> As someone who ran in Tanky's Trog in the 70s, I find this sad, as the most recent Trogs have been in aid of Alzheimer's, which, (I understand) Tanky has.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me further? Is there a Trog this year?

OP Fredt 19 Oct 2012
In reply to KeithWakeley:
> (In reply to Fredt)

> [...]
>
> The implied tone of the above that WMRT ditched Tanky's in place of the Trigger is false. WMRT would, had circumstances been different supported both events.
>
I'm sorry if it read that way, and thanks for putting me straight.
Fred

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...