UKC

Van broken into at Stanage Plantation carpark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wildbill 14 Nov 2012
Just to let you know I had me van broken into today while parked in the carpark at Stanage Plantation. The police told me that I wasn't the only one.

I've had a bag full of clothes taken and a bag with all my trad climbing gear.

Just before we left the carpark one of the park rangers stopped for a chat. He told us that this is the first time in five years that this has happened. He also told us that this carpark does not have CCTV like the sign says. It was taken out a couple of years ago. The other two carparks do still have CCTV though.

So it looks like people are on the rob to get some cash for Christmas. So please be on the lookout.
 MtnGeekUK 15 Nov 2012
In reply to wildbill:

Kenton Cool was another victim - you weren't the only one!!
 deacondeacon 15 Nov 2012
In reply to wildbill: I'm sure there were reports of break- ins at Stanage a couple of months ago, and there was broken glass on the floor at the popular end car park last month although it could have been someone who had lost there keys. It's nice to know that the other two carparks have cctv and I'm surprised it's never been mentioned before.
Sorry to here about your gear, I'm up there quite a bit and drive through loads of different back lanes to get there so will keep an eye out for it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...