UKC

Access Calendar Quality?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Fryer 31 Oct 2001
Had a look at this in Outside on Sunday. The photos are very good - a nice collection of good shots of all grades from across the country. My gripe is with reproduction. Some of the photos are printed really badly - colours are way out and its printed on cheapo paper. Is it worth £13?
brendonTendon 31 Oct 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer:

There's some great shots - I've not seen any of John Houlihan's colour pics before, only his b&w. I wouldn't spend £13 on it, but was lucky enough to get one free. I agree, the repro could certainly be better, the colours look a bit bland & washed out.

The shot of Simon Young on Canard is the best, imho - nice composition, and the lichen on the boulders really sets it off, although the best looking route has got to be Art Nouveau at the Roaches.

OP Chris Fryer 31 Oct 2001
In reply to brendonTendon: I've looked at Art Nouveau before and thought it looks spectacular. Why cant it be 5 degrees less vertical, or at least have a couple of decent runner placements? These Gritstone Gods are cruel masters.
In reply to Chris Fryer:

according to Jon Read's site, the landing is good so it'll be fine to solo - hmmmm....perhaps not!

wonder if the thin flake line in the background of the shot has been done.
 Marc C 31 Oct 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer: Not sure who produces it (Vertebrate Graphics?), but am I the only one who thought the Gritstone 2001 calendar was appallingly designed - bleached photos, 'arty' black backgrounds - eugh! By contrast, the Gritstone 2000 calendar was IMHO excellent. Haven't seen 2002's yet - is this any good ?
In reply to Marc C:

Is that the one with the photo of Steve McLure on one of the shitest problems at the plantation - yuk!
OP Chris Fryer 31 Oct 2001
In reply to Marc C: I think its unlikely there will be one, they are normally being advertised by this time of the year - less than two months to Xmas! I think it was very poorly received last year, due to factors discussed at length before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...