/ Part Time Jobs In India

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jonnie3430 - on 19 Nov 2012
Hello,

I'm interested in an internship with an Indian company developing a water treatment kit that I'd love to do. They are offering to cover my costs out there, but I think I'd need a bit extra to cover my mortgage and flat running costs and was wondering what if any part time jobs people know about that I would be able to do over there to earn enough to make about 300 a month. I was thinking along the lines of tour group leading at weekends, etc...
EeeByGum - on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to jonnie3430: I am no expert, but I believe 300 a month is a good wage to earn if you were working full time in India. I am not sure why you would get paid more as a westerner.
jonnie3430 - on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

Cheers for that, anyone any other suggestions? I meant to say that I will be in Pune and the flat and mortgage costs are in the UK, so I will have to earn a bit more to make it work.
fried - on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to jonnie3430:

Sublet your flat?

You've got about Zero chance of finding any work in India... unless you have a skill they don't, again very unlikely. Most westerners working in India are employed by companies in their home country.

Work on the net?
nw - on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to jonnie3430:
Education? If I remember correctly Pune is a university town, you might be able to find people willing to pay for English conversation with a native British English speaker. Not really a job though so much as a sideline.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/index.jspa

Might be a good place to ask.
jonnie3430 - on 20 Nov 2012
In reply to nw:

Cheers for the response. I'll look at UK companies that may be after a contact in India.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.