UKC

Part Time Jobs In India

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnie3430 19 Nov 2012
Hello,

I'm interested in an internship with an Indian company developing a water treatment kit that I'd love to do. They are offering to cover my costs out there, but I think I'd need a bit extra to cover my mortgage and flat running costs and was wondering what if any part time jobs people know about that I would be able to do over there to earn enough to make about £300 a month. I was thinking along the lines of tour group leading at weekends, etc...
 EeeByGum 19 Nov 2012
In reply to jonnie3430: I am no expert, but I believe £300 a month is a good wage to earn if you were working full time in India. I am not sure why you would get paid more as a westerner.
OP jonnie3430 19 Nov 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

Cheers for that, anyone any other suggestions? I meant to say that I will be in Pune and the flat and mortgage costs are in the UK, so I will have to earn a bit more to make it work.
 fried 19 Nov 2012
In reply to jonnie3430:

Sublet your flat?

You've got about Zero chance of finding any work in India... unless you have a skill they don't, again very unlikely. Most westerners working in India are employed by companies in their home country.

Work on the net?
 nw 19 Nov 2012
In reply to jonnie3430:
Education? If I remember correctly Pune is a university town, you might be able to find people willing to pay for English conversation with a native British English speaker. Not really a job though so much as a sideline.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/index.jspa

Might be a good place to ask.
OP jonnie3430 20 Nov 2012
In reply to nw:

Cheers for the response. I'll look at UK companies that may be after a contact in India.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...