UKC

UKC email system down?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 24 Nov 2012
I sent a few messages out and didn't get the CC to my email; and had forgotten about them. I sent a few out this morning, still no cc. Confused, I tried to email myself; no email or cc.

I then tried to change the email account to see if it was being spam boxed, and the new email didn't get the change confirmation.

Sent an email to a friend, he didn't receive it, nor I get a cc.

I then made an entirely new account to test it, on an entirely fresh new email, and got no activation email.

Is the ukc email system down?
 GeoffRadcliffe 24 Nov 2012
In reply to neuromancer: works for me.
 Cameron94 24 Nov 2012
In reply to neuromancer:
I've been trying to send an email to someone through the site for a few days yet it doesn't seem to be sent. I haven't received any cc (I presume that stands for carbon copy?)

Any idea's why the email isn't working?
Cheers
OP neuromancer 24 Nov 2012
In reply to GeoffRadcliffe:

I sent you a test just now, did you recieve it?
 GeoffRadcliffe 24 Nov 2012
In reply to neuromancer:
> (In reply to GeoffRadcliffe)
>
> I sent you a test just now, did you recieve it?

Yes. You sent...

Testing

--
This message was sent to you using a public form at http://www.ukclimbing.com by registered user http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=156010
 jon 24 Nov 2012
In reply to neuromancer:

Check spam?
 Tommyads 24 Nov 2012
In reply to neuromancer:
Also been having trouble, today and yesterday.
In reply to neuromancer:

If it doesn't Cc does that mean it definitely didn't send either? If so mine isn't working either.
 NottsRich 24 Nov 2012
In reply to neuromancer: I sent a message to someone a few days ago. No response from them (but they have posted on the forum since), and no CC to me. I guess it's not working for me either, but can't be too sure!
OP neuromancer 24 Nov 2012
In reply to jon:

Checked spam; and tried opening a brand new account on a brand new email and no confirmation through. Probably just server overload or bugs or something, sure someone will fix it by the mon.
In reply to neuromancer: I have had exactly the same problem and reported it yesterday.

However it only seems to effect some accounts (in this case a gmail.com email account) and not others, and it is a problem both with directly sent emails and automatically CC'd ones.

I trust the UKC team is looking into it.
 Simon Caldwell 26 Nov 2012
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:
> I trust the UKC team is looking into it

They might be if someone has contacted them about it, rather than just posting a thread on the Starting Out forum
 ripper 26 Nov 2012
In reply to neuromancer: hmmm, might explain why I haven't been receiving all the messages from frustrated lady climbers impressed at my witty repartee in these forums, and desperate to know me better...
 GeoffRadcliffe 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Toreador:
> (In reply to The Ex-Engineer)
> [...]
>
> They might be if someone has contacted them about it, rather than just posting a thread on the Starting Out forum

I'm fairly sure that UK climbing regularly look at most of the threads posted judging by how quickly some threads are pulled.
In reply to GeoffRadcliffe:
> I'm fairly sure that UK climbing regularly look at most of the threads posted judging by how quickly some threads are pulled.

Actually we don't have anything like enough resources to look at all the threads - have you ever thought how much time that would actually take?

We respond mostly to reports from users and this is by far the best way to get in touch and get a response. Report abuse is on every page and can be used for things other than 'abuse'.

In reply to the OP:

Yes we are looking into this. It is connected with the site changes we made last week.

Alan
 GeoffRadcliffe 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Wow. That was an amazingly quick response! Good work Alan.
 Tommyads 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I know you said to send a report in with questions, but a reply to my question in this thread would be useful for other people with these issues.

When the issue is resolved, will any emails that were attempted be lost or are they just stuck somewhere in the internet waiting to send?
In reply to Tommyads:
> I know you said to send a report in with questions, but a reply to my question in this thread would be useful for other people with these issues.

I thought I did do that above - yes, we are looking into it.

> When the issue is resolved, will any emails that were attempted be lost or are they just stuck somewhere in the internet waiting to send?

I doubt it. I don't know what the problem is though so I can't say for certain, but I doubt if these emails are being queued anywhere.

Alan

In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: Sorry for the problems with emails. The good news is that the emails that haven't been delivered have been queued on the server.

We're currently working to fix the cause of the problem, and then all the queued emails should get sent out.
 Yanis Nayu 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Thanks Nick. I was about to return the engagement ring to the shop, with a single tear running down my cheek, but I'll hold fire now.
In reply to Submit to Gravity: The problem with the email system should now be fixed, and all the queued emails from the last week will be delivered over the next couple of hours.

Cheers
 ripper 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: damn - you mean all those salacious, flirtations and possibly illegal messages I sent to female UKCers while firmly in my cups will ACTUALLY GET DELIVERED??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...