View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - How (and where) to get immediate advice on health/injuries?

OneLifeOneHeart - on 01 Dec 2012
I am in my mid 20s and new to climbing, and started after a somewhat non-sporty lifestyle (though I was not sedentary - I hiked a lot already, even walked for hours and hours without stopping). I am overweight and also have back pain due to some very old accident. I can say that climbing is the first sport that I am interested in pursuing regularly.

Since about one month I have started to climb indoor once a week, and now I am trying to increase that number.

After the first few times I always had very sore muscles, but I don't have that anymore now.

However, today when I woke up in the morning, and also after climbing indoor, my shoulders started making the clicking noise when I was trying to stretch, and also the ankle when I was trying to stretch it.

Short question:
I am not 100% sure on how to take care of my body and am already a bit concerned about all these physical changes and new symptoms I have...

They say "consult your doctor", but does that mean not doing any physical activity while waiting for the appointment with the GP in 2 months??
Which "doctor" can I ask at any time, especially for this kind of sports related issues? Will they know what is best for me?
I assume this is not NHS-related.

I am a bit confused and also frustrated since I am trying to pursue some sport in order to stay fit, but am not sure whether I am already causing some damage - and I don't even know whom to ask!
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums