UKC

How much do you spend on drinking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OneLifeOneHeart 02 Dec 2012
Just out of pure curiosity, I wanted to ask how much those who drink (for whatever reason, including socially, parties, etc.) actually pay for alcohol, say, a week, or a month.
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: This time of year i will spend between 20-40 per week, normal week will be a few beers and a bottle of wine evry saturday and friday night so i guess probably up to £20 per week.

January and February - nothing as i need to allow my innards to recover.
 John_Hat 02 Dec 2012
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart:

Very little. £5-10 a week?. Lady Blue doesn't drink at all, and I tend to buy a bottle of vodka a month and steadily work my way through it. Occasionally we'll go to a pub or club and buy a couple of drinks, but its rare.
 Edradour 02 Dec 2012

Jeez - you lot are much better than me!

In an average month I would probably spent a couple of hundred pounds on drinking including the extra costs that go with it (quiz machines, crisps etc). This would be broken down as follows:

Bottle of Whisky: £30-40
3-4 trips to the pub to watch football, rugby etc, 3-4 pints each trip: £60-80
Approx 1 'night out' a month: £60
Beers and wine to drink in the house: £30
Wine with meals out (avg 2 per month): £30

Quickly adds up. When I was a bit younger and went out a lot more it would easily be double the above.

Not boasting mind, just being honest.
 lost1977 02 Dec 2012

hard to say but maybe £70 this year but thats only because i bought a bottle of whisky the other month otherwise it would have been about £40
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: Used to spend about £15-£25/week on wine, which isn't a huge amount, but still adds up to £1000/year! I gave up 18 months ago, and haven't had a drop since
 Ciro 02 Dec 2012

About four years ago I knocked it on the head, spent six months tee-total whilst training for a half ironman, and since then spend very little on alcohol, maybe £40 or £50 some months and pretty much zero others.

Prior to that I was in the pub every night, reckon I was spending around £500 a month on booze, never mind the takeaways etc.

Cost was the probably the primary motivator at the time, but feel much better all round for it.

Denni 02 Dec 2012

Spent 80 quid last night! I hardly Ever go out as a stay at home dad and other half works away a lot with the Navy so I dont feel too guilty

Last time I was out was Feb so maybe 40 quid then, 80 last night and out next week so another 50 odd quid. All in all, 170 quid for the whole year which ain't too bad.
 Banned User 77 02 Dec 2012
In reply to Fickalli: Probably similar.

This week I flew back Sunday from the US.. so drank a few whiskeys.. then had a beer watching football Wednesday that's been it. I rarely have city nights out so no taxi's needed, no kebab etc.. no entrance fees.. so £40 is as much as a night out will cost.
 henwardian 02 Dec 2012
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: Normally £0 per week. sometimes £10 per week. Very occasionally a binge on the town that could be up to about £40-50 in a night.
 The Norris 02 Dec 2012

probably about 40-50 quid per week on average. I'm Generally in the pub fridays and saturday evenings and 20 quid per night is typical i suppose, then maybe a bottle of wine over the week with meals.

Jesus that's £2500 grand a year! hmmm, might have to have a think about that a bit more.
 Clarence 02 Dec 2012

I drink about twice a month, three pints max per session so total cost fifteen to twenty pounds including crisps and pork pie.
 verygneiss 02 Dec 2012

On average about £5 a month, although I frequently go for months without buying or drinking alcoholic beverages. I have one kidney and intend to look after it.
 captainH 02 Dec 2012

I've been told that I have been banned from my local pub (not that I've ever been there regularly).

I normally drink at home, a variety of bottled ales - I get a few bottles at a time when they are on a decent special offer - I don't like to pay more than £1.50 per bottle. I try to keep about 40 bottles in stock, just myself I usually drink 2-3 bottles a week - so lets say spend on average around £15 per month. -if I am out drinking in pub or bar or have other people round the cost fluctuates fairly wildly as does the frequency of these occasions.
Removed User 03 Dec 2012

In the last 3 weeks, nothing.

More usually, anything up to $100 a week.
 Neil Williams 03 Dec 2012

About twenty quid a week, probably, mostly in the pub. Not every week.

Neil
 Frank4short 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Fickalli: I would guess similar to Fickalli. Off the top of my head between myself and the wife -

3-4 bottles of wine a week €25/€100 week/month
Maybe 2 meals out a month so probably €40/month
Maybe 1 night out a month €100/month
Odd visit to the pub here and there €60/month
Random beers in the house, mates gaffs, etc €50-80/month

So i'm guessing €350-450 a month between the pair of us roughly.
 teflonpete 04 Dec 2012

Not much generally, probably a bottle of wine once a fortnight to a month and a bottle of port every couple of months, so around £3 - £4 a week on average, for 2 of us. A year ago I was drinking a bottle of port a week but can't really be bothered any more. My GF isn't a big drinker either, we'll drink a bottle of port between us at a party or something but don't generally bother with wine with meals, preferring soft drinks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...