Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Costa Blance for the first time

NottsRich on 05 Dec 2012
In January two of us are planning a 4-5 day holiday to the Costa Blanca. As part of that we would like to do some climbing. So far we've narrowed it down to flying to Alicante or Murcia, hiring a car (seems to be about 25-50 for a week...) and heading to the hills behind Benidorm, camping in the hills, a bit of sightseeing, a bit of climbing and a bit of walking.

So because it's our first time to the area I've got a few questions which I hope you might be able to help with.

1. We comfortably lead F5/5+ and love multipitch. Any recommendations of 3-5 pitch routes? Ideally coastal, but an area that we can target with a lot of climbs would be good so we can get just one guidebook and maximise climbing time. Routes with adventure rather than just short and hard.

2. We have a 60m rope, 10 QDs and anchor building bits n bobs. Will this be sufficient? Is it worth taking a light trad rack as well?

3. What guidebooks? The Rockfax ones seem good but seeing as we're not too sure where we're going yet, we're open to recommendations!

4. Is it ok to camp in the hills? Any access laws to be aware of? LNT obviously.

5. We're going in mid-Jan. Is it fair to expect good weather and climbing?

6. Lastly, can anyone recommend any beautiful quiet beaches to visit, or worthwhile scrambles/walks etc.

I've read a few articles on here already, but am looking for a few specific pointers. Thank you!
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums