Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Network help, can't connect when another laptop on

Ben Sharp - on 06 Dec 2012
Hi, I've got the 2nd generation home hub and works fine with every laptop and computer I've ever used it with. Recently someone's been staying with me and whenever they get in and get online I get kicked off the network, I can't connect to the router itself. Not even via LAN cable.

I get this error message:

You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources. This problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer.

If I restart the hub I can connect but then a couple of minutes later I get kicked again, presumably once their laptop has reconnected. Once the other laptop has been turned off I can reset the hub and it's fine again.

They're away just now so I don't have any info on the laptop that's causing the trouble but wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to what might be the cause of the problem or if there is anything I can do to secure a connection.

Thanks
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums