UKC

Broughton Wall, use it or lose it (in both senses)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 15 Dec 2012
Another excellent session this morning; only one other worshiper at the temple of crimp and power. At last my fingers are learning how to crimp again after spending too long playing on coloured blobs elsewhere. The council run centre that accommodates the wall remains under threat so some increased attendance would help keep it alive, not to mention do wonders for your finger strength and footwork. Currently open during working hours, saturday morning and Tuesday evening until 9:00pm. PM me if anyones wants more details or a list of the 1155 problems
 ryan_d 15 Dec 2012
In reply to kevin stephens: Hi Kevin,
if you could give me some more info. I'm only across the water and wasn't even aware this place existed. Would love to come over for a session or two.

Ryan
In reply to ryan_d:

More details here, a little out of date but the problem page download still works
http://broughtonpower.wetpaint.com/

I have also updated the wall details on UKC classifieds here
http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=132&t=wall

The changes won't appear yet as they neet to be approved by UKC

Note this is not a commercial post, the wall is currently owned by Salford Council, but its future is uncertain as the council need to make big cuts - hence the importance of more attendance
 jenniwat001 15 Dec 2012
In reply to kevin stephens:

I had no idea this existed...I live about 10mins away, will give it a try.
 carnie 16 Dec 2012
In reply to kevin stephens: Best bouldering wall in Britain! Just a shame I live so far away from it now! Would highly reccomend anyone who lives nearby but hasn't been to give it a go!
In reply to kevin stephens: I frequented it when I lived in manchester but have subsequently moved. I can vouch for it's awesomeness for strength building!. it would be a big shame to see it go.
 racodemisa 17 Dec 2012
In reply to kevin stephens: Was going to go on saturday but it appears to be closed at the weekends.I was very disappointed as I was getting quite excited.It felt almost like it was if I was going back to a fave crag!!!
A superb facility that kept me very happy between 1991 and 1998.Would recommend to anyone living in the area who needs a place to re-adapt to climbing outdoors and at the same time perhaps find the fun in making there own problems as well as the guidebook's.
In reply to witnessthis: Open from 10:00 to 13:30 on saturdays ( not sure re Christmas opening)
 Alan Dixon 17 Dec 2012

Didnt even know this was there! I live just a few minutes walk down the road!
slinky wizard 17 Dec 2012
In reply to kevin stephens: hi Kev unable to make tue is it likely to open on thurs eve in new year?. Thanks davej
davehinton 17 Dec 2012

Last tuesday session is tomorrow night until 9.30pm
In reply to kevin stephens: I used to pay monthly as it worked out a lot cheaper as you could use the pool and gym too (after induction)IIRC
In reply to higherclimbingwales: well it only costs £3.70 now - how cheap do you want it? The gym is no longer there and I don't think monthly subscriptions are available any more

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...