ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Chondromalacia patellae -- kneestrap experiences?

Gentleman - on 16 Dec 2012
Hello

I have a Chondromalacia patellae condition in my knee. Doctors say there is nothing they can do to make things better. Google search on external knee bracers suggested that kneestrap would be recommended for this condition.

Has anyone used such/similar strap on this type of condition? Would you share your experiences with me?

The strap (to the best of my understanding) is supposed to apply pressure to the spot just under patellae. I fear the strap would either fall off or bite horribly to the back of my knee when I bend my knee close (or over) 90 degree angle.

How well will the strap keep in place or is it prone to fall off?
Will the strap bite the back of the knee?

I hope to get back to climbing and hiking. In these activities the knee will have to bend quite a bit. Having the strap fall off (or bite into my flesh) periodically would be a major inconvenience.

All of the more sturdy bracers seem to be aimed at other types of issues with the knee (between the shin bone and thigh bone).

Can you give any pointers or recommendations?
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums