UKC

Best NW wall for slab lover

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Evening All, looking for some input please on the best indoor venue for a slab lover. We climb as a family, 2 x young boys, Mum and I. The boys top rope, are beginning to lead and love bouldering. Mum loves slabs and is intent on developing technique to climb effieciently before pushing grades. I like to lead.
We've climbed at: Kendal, Caernarfon, Preston, Stockport, Liverpool, Lancaster and Manchester. Have we missed anywhere within the NW with good slabs? Has anyone any experience of Leeds, Brighouse, Warrington or is it worth the mileage over to Sheffield. We're looking for a good day out next week during the hols and threfore have the time to go beyond our usual walls (Preston, Lancaster).
Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Vin
 sarahjk 29 Dec 2012
In reply to Banana Cockroach:

Been to Harrogate, Liverpool and Manchester Climbing Center this week. All within an hour[ish] of Longridge/Preston and all great. MCC has a lot of flat/slab I thought, and loads of mid/lower grade stuff, really enjoyed it today. Want to go back, once recovered !
In reply to Banana Cockroach: the climbing hangar in Liverpool is full of slabs! All bouldering but you should give it a visit.
 Joss 29 Dec 2012

Plas Power Adventure in Wrexham has a slab wall.
 c.thomson89 30 Dec 2012
In reply to Banana Cockroach: Rochdale climbing centre has a good slab and I've been there recently and all the problems have been reset by the new owners. Big bonus is they have a special offer on for the holidays.
 kate8 30 Dec 2012
Warrington has a good longish slab for top roping and has about 4 or 5 lines on it I think. The end one has quick draws so you can practice clipping.
 pcrof 04 Jan 2013

Rope Race in Marple have got good top roping slabs, plus a wicked slab section in the upstairs bouldering room which coincidently has just had a big re-set!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...