ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbers and Churches! I need help

Simon Alden - on 10 Jan 2013
Hi everyone, one of our local climbers decided to bolt three routes on what is claimed to be private property, taking a wall right of a chapel in a cave and then following a line, in the case of one route, directly above the chapel. See pic: http://www.josephspiteri.com/keyword/speranza/1/906249666_N8tes#!i=906249666&k=gPPrjQP

The church authority has complained and want us to remove the bolts immediately. We have a last-ditch meeting later today to try and avoid this as the routes are brilliant and obviously a lot of work went into creating them in the first place. I'm looking for pics or stories which i can bring to the attention of the church rep showing climbers climbing near churches or chapels or situations where climbers and the church have cooperated and made this overlap of church/sport work to the advantage of both. Ideally I will be able to show them that the fact that climbers do these routes can be used to the advantage of the church..any ideas?
... not showing 50 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums