UKC

Baliff type person needed next week near to Wivelsfield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Redsetter 13 Jan 2013
Hi all i might be looking for a baliff type person, (big and scary looking to help recover a very overdue debt)

This would be from a company in Wivelsfield East sussex

Anyone got any contacts?

browndog33 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Redsetter: I have my own business mate and also have non payers too but you can't go doing things like this (been there, seen and done it).
Mark.
 balmybaldwin 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Redsetter:

Why not just hire a bailiff?
 lost1977 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Redsetter:

this type of person isn't hard to find but best not ask of internet forums
 Gordonbp 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Redsetter:
Tried a Statutory Demand? https://www.gov.uk/statutory-demands/overview

They are very effective - one High Court Judge threatened to wind up the Prudential on non-compliance with a Stat Demand...
 Dax H 13 Jan 2013
In reply to browndog33:
> (In reply to Redsetter) I have my own business mate and also have non payers too but you can't go doing things like this (been there, seen and done it).
> Mark.

Depends what you do. I normally go down the legal route but that does not always work.
Most of the time turning up in person does work.
For some reason people tend to pay when a big, bald, bearded bloke covered with tattoos appears and ask for payment.
I have never had to threaten anyone, just turning up and asking works.
 browndog33 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Dax H: With respect I've had to collect non-payments in many different ways over the last 18 years, but there's a bit of a shelf life on how many times you can send in the 'boys' before you get yourself into trouble, plus its not very professional.
Mark.
 Dax H 13 Jan 2013
In reply to browndog33: I have not sent the boys in, I have called in myself and politely requested payment.
Are you saying that because I happen to look like some sort of outlaw biker that I should not collect money owed by my customers?.
Normally I go down the solicitor / court order route (99% pay on the first letter) but sometimes that is ignored and sometimes they have closed down and opened up again overnight in the same place doing the same thing with the same name but with the letters UK added to the end of it having wiped out my debt and all others as well.
Often a polite request in person with absolutely no threats at all will get you paid.
I make sure that I have a recording of the payment request as well just in case anyone claims that I stepped over the line.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...