Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - CV on job websites - worth it & template or upload?

ksjs - on 15 Jan 2013
As the title says really: I'm wondering about posting my CV on job websites.

Firstly, is it worthwhile? Or is that a function of skills and / or geography i.e. yes it's worth it if you live in or near major urban areas (obviously geography may be irrelevant in certain roles)?

If it is worth doing is it better to upload your own CV or fill-in a template or the fields provided? I'm just wondering how employers search - if it's by keyword I imagine that the templates / fields provided option may be better as the website's search or database function is probably better able to handle that sort of search.

Lastly, I'm also concerned about privacy. On 2 counts: one is personal information such as contact details (think I'm happy with name, address and email but leave it at that) and the other is going into detail about qualifications, previous employment and what you perceive as your own skills. Doesn't feel right to have all that out there. But less detail = less meat for potential employers.

Anyone got any experience or advice on the dos and don'ts of what should be made public?

Thanks in advance.
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums