UKC

Anyone been at Stob Coirre/Ampitheatre in the last 36 hours?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neon_blue 20 Jan 2013
My husband is probably going to kill me for using his login ...but after yesterdays events I am looking for a bit of peace of mind.
He, his brother and a friend were planning on climbing up yesterday afternoon and bivying near Stob Coirre to do the ridge walk on the Ampitheatre (hope this makes sense - I am not a climber!).
Normally I would have heard from him by now - so wondering - has anyone seen the party? Should I just rack it up to poor mobile signal? At what time today should I start to worry?
As I said, not a climber so please go gently on me, just a worried wife who wants to make sure she is doing the right thing!
 chrisprescott 20 Jan 2013
In reply to neon_blue: Have you called Northern Constabulary? They will be able to put your mind at ease. If not give them a ring on 01463 715555
OP neon_blue 20 Jan 2013
thanks Chris - just gave them a call, not much they can do at the moment but at least they are aware.
 Darkskys 20 Jan 2013
In reply to neon_blue: Have you tried calling the Clachaig Inn/Kings House at all or any of the other party members or family.

Its very common to go without signal for a few days but if he's bivvying in the cold maybe his phone has died alot quicker or maybe he's keeping it turned off for emerganices.

When he goes away when does he usually report back to you within a certain amount of time?
OP neon_blue 20 Jan 2013
Panic over! On his way home ...to you can imagine what!

Oh the joys of being a climbers wife.
 Tom Last 20 Jan 2013
In reply to neon_blue:

Very glad to hear that, was feeling for you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...