UKC

Women trad climbers please help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sally Hudson 28 Jan 2013
I really need more women to help me with this please. Thank you!

As part of my degree I'm carrying out a research topic looking at why there are so few female winter climbers. Please help me with this by completing this short questionnaire http://tolu.na/ShD1js
There's only 12 questions and it should take about 5 min to complete.
Thanks for your help!

Posted with permission of UKClimbing
 Rachel Slater 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Sally Hudson:

So do you have any insight yet as to why this is the case?
 mariechen 28 Jan 2013

Certainly one of the better questionnaires, with a clearly focused and in my view original research question.

I agree - why don't you post on here with a bit of a preliminary analysis once you have completed your data collection.

Good luck.
 paulipauli 28 Jan 2013

I was really interested in helping with your research and filled in your questionaire, but because I am female and lead and try (though not always successfully) to push my grade in winter, I didn't get to answer any proper questions

However, please can you post any results you come up with on UKC as it would make an interesting thread, I think.

Cheers,

P
 Jonny2vests 28 Jan 2013
In reply to r fizzle:
> (In reply to Sally Hudson)
>
> So do you have any insight yet as to why this is the case?

Evolution?
OP Sally Hudson 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Sally Hudson: Thanks for everyone's responses. I do have my own hypothesis about what the reason could be, but that would be telling! It could possibly bias any future responses from people so you'll have to wait until I've closed the survey. I'll definitely share what I find though.
 Julie Carroll 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Sally Hudson: I have my theories too! It is hard to say anything without sounding sexist here but winter climbing is without doubt a tough sport and for me as a small person (I weigh 50K) I find the physical demands of carrying a heavy sack and gear take its toll! Winter climbing can be harsh and the environment unforgiving at times but the beauty of the journey and rewards of the summit are undeniably worth it. I look forward to the results of your research and the discussion it may provoke, thanks!
JP88 29 Jan 2013

Completed, good luck with it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...