Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Which moisture meter?

Toerag - on 29 Jan 2013
I have a Victorian/Edwardian house.The walls are made of solid granite skins filled with rubble. It was built without a damp-proof course (but has an electro-osmotic one which seems to be doing the job). With the current prolonged wet weather the water table is 4" above the bottom of the voids under my dining room floor i.e. there is a lake under the house. I'm currently replacing the dining room floor and am fairly certain I'll have to do the lounge and hall as well (dry rot & woodworm in the dining room one) along with various bits of window frame. I feel a moisture meter would be a very good purchase for me, are there any surveyors on here who could recommend a particular brand or model? I appreciate that the readings are not necessarily absolutely accurate, but it will help me tell if things are getting damper or drier. I'm thinking of one with pin probes, and have seen one with a remote probe recommended on a US site (which sounds like sensible advice to me).
... not showing 31 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums