UKC

6 Nations Predictions..................?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coinneach 29 Jan 2013
Bit of a strange one this year...................

Wales............reigning champs with a Grand Slam to boot
but poor Autumn Series

England.............Just stuffed The mighty All Blacks.

Ireland............In transition but is BOD ( the glue) back for the 6N ?

France................Who can predict them?

Italy.............Are they always going to finish 5th?

Scotland.............It's ok My Little Pony...............we've seen all the wooden spoon links!

What's going to happen this year?

Answers on a postcard or a UKC post.
 Kimono 29 Jan 2013
In reply to coinneach:
England
France
Wales
Ireland
Italy
Spooners
 Philip 29 Jan 2013
In reply to kieran b:
> (In reply to coinneach)
> England
> France
> Wales
> Ireland
> Italy
> Spooners

England
Wales
France/Ireland
Scotland
Italy
 Horse 29 Jan 2013
In reply to coinneach:

It is very open this year and the first weekend may be even more important than usual. The Autumn games are irrelevant.

Look at the fixtures, Wales could be in for a hard time. After Saturday they have 3 games on the road including France as second game, I can see it unraveling big time. Scotland do the reverse and it is hard to see them adding to the bulging kitchen drawer.

England have two tough games away in Dublin and Wales, they'll lose one of those. France go to HQ and Dublin but should be on a roll by then. Hard to see Italy doing much unless Wales really do implode.

I'll go no Grand Slam, and France or Ireland as champions.

Kipper 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Horse:

England
France
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
Italy
 balmybaldwin 29 Jan 2013
In reply to coinneach:

Wales are in major trouble, an injury list almost as long as their team sheet, but they'll up their game against England - they always do.

Italy - I'd love them to get a win or 2 (Scotland, maybe Wales?)

Scotland - really not sure, but the new broom effect might help they've shown some real signs of revival, but keep failing to score tries

France, a couple of spectacular victories, and a couple of terrible losses

Ireland - seem to be on the wane, but BOD could turn it all around - suspect they'll beat Wales and scotland, and give England a good run for their money

England - I'm really not sure, if they can build on the All Blacks game and get some consistency they will get the Grand Slam, but I can't help thinking they'll slip up a long the way
 Cú Chullain 29 Jan 2013
Irish side for Wales:

Ireland: R Kearney; C Gilroy, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, S Zebo; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross; M McCarthy, D Ryan; P O'Mahony, S O'Brien, J Heaslip (cpt).

Replacements: S Cronin, D Kilcoyne, D Fitzpatrick, C Henry, D O'Callaghan, E Reddan, R O'Gara, K Earls.

Not a bad side actually, pack is pretty good, great backrow, decent halfbacks, creaky midfield, back three very strong going forward, wings not so good in defense, Kearney awesome under the high ball.

That said poor Wales are plagued by injuries so Ireland should see them off.

Ireland have England and France at home, 2nd in the Championship I reckon.
 andy 29 Jan 2013
In reply to coinneach:

France
England
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
Italy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...