Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Dog food and behaviour

Bjartur i Sumarhus on 31 Jan 2013
Many months ago (August in fact) I posted a question regarding my puppies incessant barking and whether to consider an anti bark collar. The consensus was no and I took a lot of the advice and behaviour improved considerably.

One poster (kylyr)wrote this

"Another couple of things to take into consideration with behavioural issues - diet can play a huge part on behaviour so I would look at what food you're feeding him and see whether that could be contributing to any issues. For example, highly coloured foods like Bakers can often cause problem behaviour"

I didn't take too much notice of this at the time. I should have done

My 10 month old GSP (same as yours Wee Davie, and bigger than yours TC ;-) has eaten Orijen large puppy for the last 7 months. They had a fire in Canada and there was a shortage in the UK and I ran out last week and have been feeding him Purina Pro plan for the last few days.

Different dog

Cannot relax, more aggressive and rebellious, howling when left alone in room and resorting to destructive tendencies. Constantly sniffing and looking for food, hassling at the dinner table. Asking to go out then just staring at me when i open the door. Rufusing to come back in after asking to come back in. HArd to put to bed. It was like a switch went off in his head after two meals. I am really suprised at the difference.

I have received a large delivery of Orijen this morning and am hoping that he soon reverts to his old lovely self and its not just a testosterone teenager type stage.

... not showing 23 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums