UKC

free streaming on xbox.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 31 Jan 2013
Does anyone know of anyway to stream movies for free on xbox? Both Netflix and Lovefilm have a terribly poor choice.

Any idea's?
 Darkskys 31 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: if you get Netflix you can open it up for US content
OP AdCo82 31 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

How?
 Darkskys 31 Jan 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I followed some steps off here

http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/

Watched super8 the other day, and I believe you can change regions too for even more variety (which I've not done yet)
 caravanshaker 01 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

XBMC is the way to go! Oddly, for software called XBox Media Centre, the XBox is no longer natively supported by the main project... BUT there is a project at www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk to keep XBox support alive.

Once you've installed XBMC, you'll need to install some extra add-ons & repositories (Icefilm and NAVI-X recommended) for a better, wider choice but it's all quite simple and there are loads of how-to's on the wiki and YouTube.

I'm waiting for a Raspberry Pi to be delivered to use as a cheap, portable Media Centre... If you have too many problems with the XBox you could try the same, probably the cheapest & smallest way to do it. You'd need the Pi, an SD card (4GB min), a 2A micro USB power adapter, HDMI cable (composite video and 3.5mm stereo audio cable are the alternative), remote (I'm going for a Rii Mini i6, but you could use a USB PC keyboard and mouse either wired/wireless) and a case. I'm going to install OpenELEC (free, already has XBMC installed) and hook it up to the internet with Ethernet rather than buy a wireless USB adapter. It'll even do 1080p

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...