Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Leaving a puppy alone

Tall Clare - on 01 Feb 2013
Hello all

We have a ten and a half week old pointer cross (she's a pointer crossed with another pointer :-)) called Lotta. She was a little younger than we initially realised when we first got her (6.5 weeks) but she's settled in a treat, and whilst she's driving me up the wall with her puppy antics, she's fundamentally being pretty amazing - sleeping through the night, going outside for most of her toilet activity, happily spending time in her crate, learning that people aren't for chewing on and cats aren't for chasing, etc. She also has a range of toys, including stuffed kongs. Don't know whether I should be worried that a catnip toy seems to be her preferred choice... :-)

I work from home most of the time, so I'm able to be around for her. There are going to be points over the next few weeks where I'll have to be away all day, and for some of those Mr TC can't be around either. She'll either be looked after by one of our parents or will be attending doggy daycare, but the latter only for half days.

My question is this: how long did you leave your puppy for, and were there any disastrous side-effects?

N.B. she'll be starting puppy training next week, and we're just starting on short walks.

<sits back, awaits barrage of useful advice and the odd bit of condescension... >
... not showing 58 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums