Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Bi Polar II and Lamotrigine

kiera knightly - on 02 Feb 2013
Well that's the diagnosis I have from my psychiatrist, and it all makes sense. I am off the SSRI's now which my GP originally prescribed, they made things worse and I have now been given Lamotrigine which is primarily prescribed as an anti epilepsy drug but is also said to be good as a mood stabilizer.
If anyone has any experience of this particular concoction I would be grateful to hear of your experiences good bad or indifferent. I am not keen on drugs in general, but nine weeks off work so far as a self employed bread winner is frankly too much. Of course I understand no one is going to tell me what will or wont work, and that a climbing forum is no substitute for professional advice, I am getting as much professional advice as I can from both the NHS and independently. If however I could hear of other peoples experiences It may help me prepare or feel better in some way as to what may be to come.

Thanks,
... not showing 2 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums