UKC

Sheffield Arena - Parking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam_in_Leeds 05 Feb 2013
Mrs Sam_In_Leeds is dragging me to Strictly come dancing live on saturday and was wondering if anyone knows the deal re parking?

Is it worth paying £5 for the official car-parking or will we just get stuck there for a few hours trying to get out?

Or does anyone know of anywhere better to park/catch a tram/train in?

Thanks UKC
 andy 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Sam_in_Leeds: mrs andy is going and is going early to get into the car park at the arena. Last time we went we parked at Meadowhall Interchange and got the tram, but there's a bit of a queue to get the tram back. Alternatively if you're in Leeds why not get the train and a tram out from the city centre. If you get an express it's only 40 mins.
OP Sam_in_Leeds 05 Feb 2013
In reply to andy:

I was thinking train+tram but when I looked into it it was going to cost £10 each for train + £3 each for tram + cost of bus into Leeds etc.

And no end of fannying about.

Looks like we'll just have to get there nice and early. I saw it starts at 2.30pm with doors opening at 1.30 so looks like I might just have to set off from Leeds about 12ish or is that likely to be too late?

I'm only going to perve on Lisa Riley (honest)

andy 05 Feb 2013
In reply to Sam_in_Leeds: there's 1000 parking spaces, so I imagine it'll be fairly full, so they're leaving Embsay about 10 aiming to get there for 12ish. I think the pain will be getting out.

The park at Meadowhall thing was ok, and of course you're straight on the motorway, but mrs a would rather drive all the way there.

Thankfully I don't have to go this time - although sadly I will be taking my daughters and their mates there to Wand Erection in April.
OP Sam_in_Leeds 05 Feb 2013
In reply to andy:

Think you've pulled the short straw there mate.

I'd take Dani Harmer and Lisa Riley over Wand Errection any day of the week.

I tried to persuade the Mrs to make a "weekend" of it and stay somewhere nice in the Peak but she was having none of it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...