Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Best travel money for Thailand and Cambodia?

LastBoyScout on 07 Feb 2013
Yes, this should probably be in the destinations or expeditions forums, but though more people would see it here.

Anyway, I'm off to Singapore, Cambodia and Thailand in 2 weeks and was wondering the best travel money to take.

I can order Thai Baht before I go, it's just a case of how much I'd need for about 10 days for food, drinks and souvenirs - accommodation is already paid for.

Cambodia is trickier - it's a closed currency, so can't get any Riel until I get there. I'll only need enough for a bit of food, drinks and souvenirs for 6 days, as the rest is paid for already. However, I've heard that they prefer US dollars, so the options are to either take Sterling and change at the airport, or just take dollars and use them.

Does Thailand accept dollars and would there be any point just taking them instead of Baht?

Any advice appreciated.
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums