/ The Next Urban Sports Craze...Indoor climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Michael Ryan - on 09 Feb 2013
The Next Urban Sports Craze

Indoor climbing could soon replace spin class as the urban professional’s sport of choice—and that has marketers salivating......

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/climbing/Indoor-Climbing-The-Next-Urban-Sports-Craze.html
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC and UKH: Great...
Eric9Points - on 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC and UKH:
The article left me a little nauseous. The author has a bad case of wankee doodle dandy syndrome.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Bob_the_Builder - on 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC and UKH:

I noticed that indoor climbing in the US is already vastly more commercialized than in the UK. At my friends local wall you need to book a full day course, then pass a test to be allowed to belay (and the technique they taught my friend was sloppy at best). Then again you need to take a course and a test before you are allowed to lead climb, and the test includes (for your first time doing real leading) missing the top clip and taking a lob. Of course you have to pay extra for all these privileges.

This is what I am most worried about, because I am moving over there for a while later this year. Luckily its in California so hopefully I'll be able to avoid pulling plastic altogether!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.