UKC

CIC hut facilities ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Haydock 10 Feb 2013
Done a search on here and the SMCC website but still no wiser.

Anyone give any info on the above please ? - We're booked in for 5 days next week and, not having been in there before am trying to sort out food etc.

What are the cooking facilities - i.e. just gas hob or is there an oven too ?
I know it is wind powered but are there facilities for charging batteries/phones etc ?
Do you have to take your own toilet rolls/washing up stuff etc ?

Thanks guys (Anyone who replies I'll make them a brew if you're passing )

JH.
 Nathan Adam 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: Not been before but I do believe there is an oven in there. Can't say on anything else though, sure there will be someone along shortly to help you out.
SteveCarter 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: Hi, 2 gas hobs & 1 full size cooker(with oven), cutlery, pots & pans... sockets to charge phone etc under kitchen worktops... take toilet roll.
SteveCarter 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: ...also good drying room but occupied by local mouse so be careful what & where you hang you're gear... especially if any food in pockets or in packs.
SteveCarter 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: ...there're are sockets under kitchen worktop between hobs, powered by batteries(wind power)... meant for spark for hobs but can be used to charge phone(don't tell everybody)... doesn't prevent hob being used but you'll need to use clicky lighter thing(supplied) to light hob meantime... don't forget to plug hob back in afterwards.
SteveCarter 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: ...2 sugars.
 Milesy 10 Feb 2013
All the facilities you need are there including the Lobster tank, and Wine Cellar.
In reply to Milesy: I'm amazed they let ugly people like you in! Especially knowing so little about the gear on point 5 :,)
 Milesy 10 Feb 2013
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Firstly. I have never been in the CIC, and I never plan on staying in the place in my life. Secondly. I haven't climbed .5 have I. I might be ugly but I still pumped yer maw. Nudebook.
 Joak 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> (In reply to stevieweesaxs107)
>
> and I never plan on staying in the place in my life.

Never ever say never, you never know!!
 Trangia 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Milesy:

Are the "en suites" showers or baths?
SteveCarter 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Trangia: ...only the mouse has en suite facilities.
In reply to Milesy: big chin ur no allowed on point 5.u wouldnae
Know wit to dae with my maw! "chance in a million" I'd say
 Milesy 10 Feb 2013

Blah blah. Another UKC Alias Gangster. Grow a set of balls and post as yourself. Fud.
 Rampikino 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock:

Christ! A simple post leads to this!

The CIC is basic but not THAT basic and the expansion has made it quite comfy. The cooking scrum can get interesting.

Take wet wipes!
 threepeaks 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: Good advice about the toilet paper. You shouldn't need a pan scourer but it's not too much weight. Rember a strong plastic carrier bag for removing your trash. There are full cooking facilities. I would not advise depleting the batteries by using the sockets. Being technology free for 5 days is part of why you're there isn't it?

You will have a great time and the space has been much improved with the extension, good company and good climbing. Have fun, Dave.
Jim C 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22776031@N05/sets/72157630925199942/
Some internalexternal photos on this link.

The other posts have covered everything else, but why they don't run a water pipe to the sink I don't know , our clubs own hut has water from the hill, granted you do need to have filters, and lamps that need maintenance , maybe that is it.

Wet wipes are better than washing in the freezing river, as mentioned. And of course it is a composting toilet.
 The Bad Cough 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Rampikino:
It reminds me of primary school!

Just take your food and bog roll. Just spent a week in there, 2 season sleeping bag is plenty and don't forget ear plugs!!
In reply to Milesy: Now now Dry ur Eyes!
I can't be the only one who thinks u talk shite on a constant basis?! only know it all climber I know who gets dragged up Grade 3s
Jim C 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim C:
> (In reply to Jim Haydock)

Jim
The SMC website HUTS link says :-
"There is accommodation for 24 persons on Alpine platforms with mattresses. During the Winter six places are reserved each weekend for Members and their guests. Cooking and heating are by propane gas; lighting is electric (wind turbine). The hut has a drying room and two composting toilets (for hut occupants' use only). Water is taken from the outside standpipe."

Have a great time up there.
Jim C

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22776031@N05/sets/72157630925199942/
> Some internalexternal photos on this link.
>
> The other posts have covered everything else, but why they don't run a water pipe to the sink I don't know , our clubs own hut has water from the hill, granted you do need to have filters, and lamps that need maintenance , maybe that is it.
>
> Wet wipes are better than washing in the freezing river, as mentioned. And of course it is a composting toilet.

Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC) 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim C: I preferred the old place, seemed more like a proper alpine hut then but hey ho progress eh
 John Lyall 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: You will need to take your own hut slippers; so now you have been well informed. Hope you have a great trip.
John
Jim C 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC):
> (In reply to Jim C) I preferred the old place, seemed more like a proper alpine hut then but hey ho progress eh

If there had been a vote to improve it , or remove it, I would have voted for remove it, but as they have gone for improve , I will use it.

That said there is nothing to stop anyone cooking on their own stove sleeping on the floor and generally making themselves less comfortable if that is what they want.
Last time we were up a lad slept outside, just came in for a seat and a cup of tea and a chat.
 Jasonic 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: Alternative footwear to your mountain boots might be handy- crocs are probably ideal for trips to the water pipe in the snow.
 k.shark 10 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim Haydock: Best bet is to walk in in trainers path is good all the way now have stayed in hut numerous times ,gives you footwear to cut about hut in and saves feet for climbing. If there is a group of you share food saves weight and fighting over cooking space big pots in hut for spag boll chilli concarne ,have good time hope conditions are kind .
OP Jim Haydock 11 Feb 2013
In reply to k.shark:

Thanks K, and also thanks to all other posters who replied.

Have a better idea now and we have planned to cook in groups as suggested

The kettles on !!

JH.
OP Jim Haydock 11 Feb 2013
In reply to Jim C:

Thanks Jim
 Erik B 26 Feb 2013
> (In reply to Milesy) Now now Dry ur Eyes!
> I can't be the only one who thinks u talk shite on a constant basis?!
>

you are definitely not!

In reply to Erik B: Dinnae think so
Off to the hut this weekend myself something I never thot
I'd do, might be lucky with the weather & conds hope there's
A good crowd in the Hut.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...