UKC

Ice fall from crowberry basin, does it have a name?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 baileyswalk 11 Feb 2013
 Jamie B 12 Feb 2013
In reply to baileyswalk:

Struggling to work out where that is, for one thing I've never been aware of alternative "summer" and "winter" starts to CR?
 edinburgh_man 12 Feb 2013
In reply to baileyswalk:

Email Simon Richardson at www.scottishwinter.com, sure he can tell you what it is / if it's been done.

estivoautumnal 12 Feb 2013
In reply to baileyswalk:

It's been done although I'm not sure if it's been recorded. Normally it's a bit banked out but you've got it in fine nick. It's also a reliable water source in summer.
 neil the weak 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Jamie B: It's steep slab you can scramble up above the main waterslide in summer. The "normal" approach to rannoch wall for me breaks away left then scrambles back up right at that point (what he has labelled as the winter approach) - his cruz pitch is visible as a nice clean slab of 70' rock off down to your right from the approach path.
 hwackerhage 12 Feb 2013
In reply to 7bforever:

Probably better Andy Nisbet as he is the New Climbs editor for the SMC:
http://www.smc.org.uk/new-climbs
OP baileyswalk 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

At the top of the scree off to the right straight up from the water slide. If it wasn't for the clag you could see the rannoch wall and curved ridge behind, central buttress is off to the left. Ignore the summer route, somewhat subjective I suppose but that's the way I've always done it, what I marked as the winter approach was a lovely long pitch of grade III water ice that day (had to down climb half of it to get back down!). It will have been climbed before just wondered if it had a name etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...