UKC

Strava

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Banned User 77 13 Feb 2013
Who Strava's?

Great site.. like a real time fit club..

I follow Enty with envy but any other runners/cyclists.. always good to see what people are doing..

Put in here as its running and cycling.
 andy 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: there's a UKC group on there.
In reply to andy: ahh i'll look.. cheers
In reply to andy: Found it... added a few then, not sure how it works.. do you have to follow everyone in it, or does it auto update? technophobe..
 mark s 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: im on it but not been on the bike for a while
its bloody addictive.you will never go for a gentle bike ride again.every ride is a test to beat your last time or get a kom
 andy 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: i think you can see everyone in the group if you join, but i don't think it automatically follows everyone.
In reply to mark s: Aye.. in certain areas its the same running.. seems more in the US.. but even in the UK, the peak I'm now getting notifications of people beating me so its taking off running wise..
 Kimono 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:
im on it but live in an area where there are very few other users so its not so distracting.
Nice to keep track of the miles one has put in though
 andy 13 Feb 2013
In reply to mark s: there was an article in the Sunday Times saying that it causes people to cycle too fast - there are segments that mean you have to BREAK THE SPEED LIMIT ON A BIKE to get KOM. Shock horror...
 mark s 13 Feb 2013
In reply to andy: yeah but im more at risk from going too fast uphill from an heart attack.
all my kom's are down hills.managed to break the national speed limit past ramshaw
 mark s 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: yeah i had one of those emails telling me someone had taken a crown from me.it was a friend so went and got it back,then took another from him knowing he would get the emails
In reply to andy: I had that.. 'it causes me to be too competitive..'

Then turn off the computer/garmin..
In reply to mark s: I just checked my segments and a pro boxer is 1.. I'm 2.. guess what tomorrow means..
 andy 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: well as you've apparently run a 2 minute mile I suspect you'll be quite hard to beat...
 jubolo 13 Feb 2013
In reply to kieran b:
> (In reply to IainRUK)
> im on it but live in an area where there are very few other users so its not so distracting.

Plenty of KOM's for you then? ;]

mark s 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: yep,get on the case haha.i spent a good while planning a descent of thorncliffe bank.there is a kink half way down which made it dodgy.i went through checking the speeds the top times did it in.i found myself at the top and it was wet but thought sod it and went for it.nearly stuffed it on the bend but got the time i wanted.was chuffed as the tour of britain have been down it.

like you say,you need to leave it at home sometimes,i never did though.
 Kimono 13 Feb 2013
In reply to jubolo:
> (In reply to kieran b)
> [...]
>
> Plenty of KOM's for you then? ;]

indeed, i can have as many KOM's as i want...a bit of a hollow victory however

In reply to andy:
> (In reply to IainRUK) well as you've apparently run a 2 minute mile I suspect you'll be quite hard to beat...

I need to work out how to delete that.. the old leave it running as you drive away..
In reply to mark s:
> (In reply to IainRUK) yep,get on the case haha.i spent a good while planning a descent of thorncliffe bank.there is a kink half way down which made it dodgy.i went through checking the speeds the top times did it in.i found myself at the top and it was wet but thought sod it and went for it.nearly stuffed it on the bend but got the time i wanted.was chuffed as the tour of britain have been down it.
>
> like you say,you need to leave it at home sometimes,i never did though.

Wow good one.. My run in philly is along the routes of the marathon, half marathon but also a classic 10k route so I get good strava info..
 balmybaldwin 13 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Yes the strava ukc club autoupdates, but doesn't follow people.

I heard someone saying recently: before I joined strava I used to go out on a sunday for a fun gentle ride...

Recently lost my most teasured kom to some whipet, 2mins need to be found in an 18min climb
In reply to balmybaldwin: This is why I love strava..n
In reply to IainRUK:
> (In reply to mark s) I just checked my segments and a pro boxer is 1.. I'm 2.. guess what tomorrow means..

Got it today.. uplosded and my GPS went awol and shows me 200 yards to the side mid segment.. so hasn't recognised it..

My garmin 410 is pretty bad for that..
 Escher 14 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: You could try fixing it with this site http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/snap/

Although it is a bit hit or miss.
 Mark Morris 14 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Strava emailed me recently because I hadn't been active. I need a "knackered my back and to afraid to ride" sort of message to send back and have that option on your activity tracking, eg. SFA, awaiting operation!. Nice of them though.
In reply to Escher: Brilliant.. that worked a treat.. thanks.. guessed I had 20 seconds off it, came out as 22 seconds off the CR..

His user name contained 'pretty boy..' and was a pro boxer so wanted to get that one..
 mark s 14 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: nice one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...