UKC

Free/cheap parking for Cairngorms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SeasonalDrip 15 Feb 2013
Hi all,

I'm heading up to the gorms on Sunday for a multi-day camping trip and I'm after some suggestions on where's best to park. I'm going to be there from Sunday till Thursday (4 nights). If at all possible I'd prefer if it was free or cheap but I don't know how feasible this is. Last year I left it at the Linn of Dee but I seem to remember it worked out quite expensive. No solid plans on a route yet so I'm fairly flexible on where I go but would be particularly interested on the parking situation at the ski center, I couldn't seem to find anything on their website regarding it. Apologies if this has been asked before, the only post I saw was about overnight stay at the ski car park (not multi-day). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
nickyrannoch 15 Feb 2013
In reply to SeasonalDrip:

Linn of Dee is a £2 contribution and despite the signage not being entirely clear (it states £2 for a days parking)I'm pretty sure someone from NTS stated they did not expect people to pay for multiple days.

The ski centre ask for a contribution, again around the £2 mark.

I parked at the sugar bowl for my last trip and i'm pretty sure there was no contribution asked for, or if there was i didn't notice it.
In reply to nickyrannoch: There is a (new?) pay and display machine at the Sugar Bowl. It even takes credit cards - so no excuses about lack of change. I don't know if it's enforceable or not but didn't take the risk on a recent visit.
OP SeasonalDrip 15 Feb 2013
In reply to SeasonalDrip:
Ah great stuff, thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated
 OMR 15 Feb 2013
In reply to nickyrannoch: Linn of Dee isn't enforcable.
 Mike C 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

We were assured that the Glenmore Estate parking charges were not enforceable, but the source of this info was being accused by his wife of bragging about it in front of the wrong company!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...