Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Paying for Calls of Nature

mypyrex - on 16 Feb 2013
Just behind Joe Brown's shop in Capel Curig there has, for many years been a public loo. Recently the local authority have had it tarted up with the downside being that you now have to pay 20p just to get in, regardless of whether it's a number one or number two. Not only that but there is some sort of timing mechanism that limits you to 15 minutes.

I've noticed that a lot of public loos are now "pay as you go" - the one in Betws y Coed opposite the station has an attendant(female) on guard to make sure you put your 20p in a box before you go in.

I know that such facilities have to be paid for somehow but, since we are talking about something that is a basic bodily function that ultimately cannot be avoided, shouldn't such costs be met out of things like council taxes?

What are you supposed to do if you are desparate and have no money? Perhaps before long they'll make you pay by plastic.
... not showing 75 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums