Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Our letting agent is useless and we can't contact our landlord.

TRip - on 19 Feb 2013
My girlfriend and I let a house in North Wales. We let the house through Reeds Rain. Reeds Rain have been completely useless and unhelpful throughout our tenancy. The local Reeds Rain office (Bangor) closed and the nearest one is 30 miles.

They seem incapable of doing anything and are PITA to contact. They don't show up to arranged visits and are supposed to have sent someone round to fix the door two week ago. They charged us £300 to arrange the let, most independent letting agents charge a fraction of this. And presumably they charge our landlord a considerable amount for letting her house out.

The landlord lives in London and we'd like to contact her to tell her how useless they are. Unfortunately we don't have her address. The letting agent won't give us it. We asked on the pretence of forwarding post to her, “Oh just drop it round and the branch and we’ll sort out. The branch is 30 miles away, gear real.”

Any ideas for what we can do?

Cheers,

Tom
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums