UKC

Hotels in Marrakech

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 24 Feb 2013
It looks as if my trekking trip to Morocco might form part of a family holiday with the Mrs and others meeting me in Marrakech post-trek.

Does anyone know of any circa 4 star Riads or restaurants out there that would serve English type food? I know that sounds a bit silly but Sister in Law is equally silly about her diet 80( She's happiest with fish and chips, egg and chips or, if she's really adventurous she'll have a (non-meat) pizza.

Thanks for any help.
 Sam_in_Leeds 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

There's a KFC at the train station and a very nice italian pizzeria in the new-town on the main road from the old-town (Guelitz?)!
 Dauphin 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

....it's started.....

D
OP mypyrex 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Sam_in_Leeds:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> There's a KFC
Forgot to mention; she doesn't eat chicken and is not into fast food. Seriously we would be looking at either half board hotels or a relatively smart restaurant.
OP mypyrex 24 Feb 2013
To the Moderators.

Since this post appears, which was intended to seek genuine information from other(adult) users, to have precipitated a childish reply from one of the members would you kindly remove it.
 CJD 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

You have to 'report abuse' to get posts removed.

Meanwhile, this might sound daft but is your sister-in-law dead set on coming along? I imagine that she really might struggle in Morocco. I'm feeling rather envious because I really want to go there on a stuffing-my-face trip ( ).
OP mypyrex 24 Feb 2013
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> You have to 'report abuse' to get posts removed.
I know...
> Meanwhile, this might sound daft but is your sister-in-law dead set on coming along? I imagine that she really might struggle in Morocco. I'm feeling rather envious because I really want to go there on a stuffing-my-face trip ( ).
I'm looking at Thomsons. Not my cup of tea but for somebody as pernickety as her I'd put up with it for a week post trek.

Mountain Llama 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex: Hotel restaurant de foucauld looks ok, have eaten there and its fine - chips n egg no problems. It's used by exodus so should be ok. It's fairly central in the old town. Within 5 mins walk are loads of restaurants with pizzas, burgers etc plus more expensive terrace style places. Maybe try trip advisor for some top tips?

HTH Davey
 gribble 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

We've just got back from Marrakech two days ago. I can utterly recommend Riad Layla Rouge - it's a hostel that is in the medina just outside of the souks. I don't know what their evening mealas are like as we ate at Toubkal on the square most of the time - cheap, can do western and is clean. It will be almost impossible to eat only western, unless you want to remain cooped up in an expensive hotel. Riad Layla Rouge is findable on tripavisor, internet generally an hostelbookers did us well in booking it.
 Banned User 77 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:
> To the Moderators.
>
> Since this post appears, which was intended to seek genuine information from other(adult) users, to have precipitated a childish reply from one of the members would you kindly remove it.

Just don't reply.. what are forums for if not to ask questions..

The amount of tripe posted on here about inane rubbish and people gripe when you post about the actual hills... sad little people who I reckon are just envious..

Never been to the Atlas mountains, may try and head over one day soon..
 jon 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

We had two nights here: http://www.riad-maipa.com/index.html at the end of a trip to Taghia. It's French owned. We ate there one night and ate out the other night. A fabulous calm oasis about 2 minutes from the Place Jemaa el Fna in the centre of the city. Not sure about the egg and chips...
OP mypyrex 24 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: Actually I posted that comment as a means of letting the perpetrator know I had seen his comment. Pergaps I should have been a little less subtle and just told him to grow up and not to be a tosser
OP mypyrex 24 Feb 2013
In reply to those of you who have taken the trouble to respond in an adult and informative manner: Thank you.
Tangler 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

Send Sam and email on http://gorillamountaineering.co.uk/
I've just come back from the Atlas with him. Loads of contacts over there.
I am sure he can arrange something bespoke if required as cheap as your sister-in-laws chips!
 Caralynh 24 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

Any of the pop up restaurants in the main square will do salads and fairly plain barbecued meat. I'm veggie and managed perfectly well, although tbh I can't remember what I was eating. Surely part of the experience in going somewhere different is the food as well as the mountains and scenery. Sure, if you don't want spices or traditional food, you don't have to have tagines etc. However to expect the same food as you'd get in the uk is unreasonable and I can't see how a non spicy barbecue and salad can be offensive to anyone.
OP mypyrex 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Caralynh:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> Surely part of the experience in going somewhere different is the food as well as the mountains and scenery...However to expect the same food as you'd get in the uk is unreasonable

That's not the way sister in law sees it :0( She almost says the trouble with going abroad is that you meet loads of furriners!

jon 25 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to Caralynh)

Leave her behind Pyrex. You know it makes sense.
myth 25 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex: Riad Karmanda is my suggestion. Most of the riads are really unique and very comfortable.

I am afraid your sister in law may starve a little though. The food there is amazing, but not always british standard. The risk of food poisoning is minimal, I have a delicate stomach and it didnt twitch once while I was there, even on the market stalls.

She might like the flat bread though, think of it as a bland pizza
 Blue Straggler 25 Feb 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

You've soldiered worse!
Removed User 25 Feb 2013
In reply to myth:

>
> I am afraid your sister in law may starve a little though. The food there is amazing, but not always british standard. The risk of food poisoning is minimal,

I lost 3 Kg in as many days after returning from Marakesh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...