Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Sheffield & getting my name on a morgage without a job

TRip - on 28 Feb 2013
Hey,

My girlfriend has been offered a job in Sheffield and it looks like we are going to up sticks from the metropolis that is North Wales. I'm pretty sad about this, because I love it here, but I'm also mad psyched to live in the Peak.

It looks like we're going to be in Sheffield for at least 3, but more likely 7 years. So it would seem like a good idea to buy a house.

Being very middle class we both have some inheirence/parental money to put towards a deposit and my girlfriend has a good career.

There is a catch however, I don't have a career. I'm a scruffy climbing bum who likes going on expeditions. There isn't a hope in hell that I could get a morgage in my own name. I can earn enough money to pay half of the bills and morgage repayments however.

Although I do trust my girlfriend I don't reeally want the house to be just in her name if my money is going into the deposit and morgage repayments in equal measure.

Any idea what we can do about this?

Also where should we live? My girlfriend could be working in either, Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster or Chesterfield. It also needs to be easily accessable to the Peak. Somewhere in West Sheffield would be my first choice?

How much should we be looking to pay for 3 bed that is a bit, but not too much, of a project?

Eeek I'm excited!
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums