UKC

Sunderland Climbing Centre

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
wilkobaggins 04 Mar 2013
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to post a quick entry about the new climbing wall in sunderland. Its run by the same team who operate the Newcastle Climbing Centre and Rockworks climbing walls and opened last week, so if you in sunderland you now have a great new wall to go to for routes and bouldering. They have a website too - http://www.sunderlandclimbingcentre.co.uk
 ThunderCat 04 Mar 2013
In reply to wilkobaggins:

That's great! I only go back to Sunderland about twice a year but I'll check it out (even though it's in deepest, darkest Southwick by the looks of it)

What happened to the one over in Pallion - is it still there?

wilkobaggins 04 Mar 2013
In reply to ThunderCat: Yeah the centre in pallion is still hanging on in there. The new one has some awesome bouldering walls though which is much better for my training.
 jonnylowes 04 Mar 2013
In reply to wilkobaggins: so that's where you've been hiding.
 ThunderCat 04 Mar 2013
In reply to wilkobaggins:

I had a look at the area on googlemaps and feel all nostalgic and homesick now...
 ti_pin_man 05 Mar 2013
The young girl in red is my daughter amelia, my little star. proud dad moment.

shes also here: http://www.mojoeclimbing.com
 is2 13 Mar 2013
In reply to wilkobaggins: Nice wall design, clean and tidy environment. A bit on the small size. Circuits seem to have 10-15 problems in big grade ranges. Setting for the opening was OK, some very good problems especially at the top end. However it does not look like they are setting new circuits each week yet. Lots of positives from early visits and I hope they start regular resetting soon.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 13 Mar 2013
In reply to is2:
The staff have added many more easy blacks this week.

I understand that they will be setting a new circuit every week once they get delivery of more new holds.

I'm hoping that the new circuits will be set in tighter grade ranges in the future and with more like 20 problems per circuit.

It's early days but they do have a suggestion box so you can let them know what you think of it so far!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...