Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Smartphone advice & GPS

Phil79 - on 11 Mar 2013
I've been using a clunky old nokia mobile for many years and never been fussed about getting a Smartphone, principally because I'm too much of a scrooge to outlay the money every month. However, I think the time has final come and I would like some advice please.

Principally want one for all the usual smartphoney stuff text, calls, web browsing etc, but also having recently stepped up the amount of running and cycling I do, I want one with a decent GPS so I can use one of the various mapping/logging apps. Already use my ipod for browsing/apps etc, but no GPS or Id probably stick with that. Not bothered about the latest phones, as dont really want to spend more than 20-25 a month.

Was thinking of either a Samsung SII (but I hear the GPS can be a bit iffy?) or an iphone 4S, or possibly an HTC but not sure what model.

So couple of questions - do people find the android to be better/worse than IOS, or is it horses for courses? Is the GPS quality noticeably better/worse on any modern smartphone? And is it worth getting a slightly older model (i.e. iphone 4s/ galaxy SII) or will I regret it when bearing in mind standard seems to be 24 month contract these days?
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums