UKC

Matterhorn photograph/print

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 geordieflip 13 Mar 2013
Hi,

Im planning to climb the Matterhorn this summer with some pals and I was trying to find a high quality photo/print in quite a large size to frame and hang on my wall (for motivation when training etc).

Does anyone know any good websites that sell these and will post safely?

Thanks very much
 wilkie14c 13 Mar 2013
In reply to geordieflip:
you'll be able to buy a poster sized print <in a tube> once in Zermatt presuming you are doing it fron there. Many of the shops sell the same touristy stuff, swiss army knifes/chocolate/matterhorn posters! <they really do>
OP geordieflip 13 Mar 2013
In reply to blanchie14c:

Yeah I was also thinking that too. I did do the exact same thing in Chamonix, I dont suppose if you know if they have shops that sell high quality photos though?

Thanks for the help
 Blinder 13 Mar 2013
In reply to geordieflip: I can not think of anything off hand, but I would put money on it. However do not expect Ikea prices.
 wilkie14c 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Blinder:
>However do not expect Ikea prices.

correct! IIRC they cost 18F 2 years ago when I was there, so 20 quidish. The poster I refer to is a good quality topo of the Hornli ridge that is also floating around the internet, the internet version isn't great quality but the poster in the shops is if thats any help. Its a great shot though, shows the whole of the mountain and the hornli route. Was going to get one myself but spend the money on 2 pints of fizzy beer instead

OP geordieflip 13 Mar 2013
In reply to blanchie14c:

thanks for the help
 navigator 13 Mar 2013
In reply to geordieflip: graham Wynne has a nice shot which might suit your purpose.

http://www.grahamwynnephoto.com/wp-content/uploads/galleries/post-53/full/P...
 Russell Lovett 13 Mar 2013
In reply to geordieflip: take a look at my ukc photo gallery ( page 7 I think ) there are a few shots on there . Not sure if they a the kind of thing your after but if you want a copy email me through ukc and ill email you copys. You will need to put your email address in email as you cannot send photos through ukc emails. Also think there is a stiched pano with the Matterhorn in it some were in my gallery to.
 Russell Lovett 13 Mar 2013
In reply to geordieflip: p.s. Yes ther is. 3 photos on page 7.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...