ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Any ideas for a good first 8a that will be dry enough to climb?

Joughton on 17 Mar 2013
As the title says, I'm looking for a good 8a which will isn't soaking wet at the moment! Preferably nothing too short or bouldery, that's not too hard for the grade, and is enjoyable enough to put a lot of effort into working it.

Also suggestions for similar 7c+s are welcome, I'm based in Glossop so anywhere in the Peak, Yorkshire and maybe North Wales would be okay.

Lots of routes at Malham look pretty good and dry a lot of the year but I'm not so keen on the climbing on the Catwalk so I don't think Raindogs is for me, which is the usual suggestion, but I'd be interested to hear about 8as on other areas of the crag? Also if any thing is dry on Kilnsey or Pen Trwyn...? I'd say the Peak but everything here either seems really short and bouldery or seeping like mad.

Just to give an idea of where I'm at, I'm fit enough to onsight 7c on rock and plastic, but weak enough not to be able to climb most V6s.

Thanks in advance, Jake
... not showing 37 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums