Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - General Training Help

webbie88 - on 17 Mar 2013
Good evening folks,

I am currently training for my first season outdoor climbing and also for a 10day expedition in America and i am struggling with how to get the balance to get the best out of both. I wont lie I dont have a clue about fitness stuff and I have never tried to create a plan to structure my training.

At present I can really only train Monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and sundays due to prearranged activities so it does narrow it down for me. I also work around 40miles from work so can cycle/walk as part of my commute at present and I am climbing round grade 5s with out much trouble apart from hand/grip strength.

The rough plan I have in my head is:

Monday - 30 Bouldering problems (font 3-5)
- 5 Bouldering problems (font 5-6a)

Tuesday - 30 Bouldering problems (font 3-5)
- 5miles inclined walk on treadmill
- 30min on bike

Wednesday - Endurance wall (15o, font 6a, 5 attempts)
- Climbing Club Night work on harder problems as can gain help and advice

Thursday - Circuit Training
- 3 sets of 12reps to build shoulder and arm strength with 5min hard sessions on bike
to split up exercise.

On free weekend I will climb a munro/corbett with friends.

So how does this plan look? any amendments or adjustments? The plan is to try it for 4-6weeks then advance as required

Thanks

Jonny

... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums