/ Runcorn boulder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tony Birtill - on 18 Mar 2013
Has anyone been on the sandstone boulders at Stonehills Lane, Runcorn, Cheshire WA7 5XB recently?
I have used them in the past, but noticed last week that some kind person has chopped down some of the trees that were next to them- a big improvement.
However, this seems to have attracted more binge drinkers to the venue, as there are more broken bottles than usual.
Has anyone ever done a topo guide for these 2 boulders?
New POD - on 19 Mar 2013
http://goo.gl/maps/oKvj0

I spent 6 years working in Runcorn, and never knew these existed.

http://goo.gl/maps/oKvj0 Click on link for satalite view.

I believe that "Runcorn" roughly translates from the Latin "Face Smash".

Can I troll a bit more ? I hate the place. 6 years working in a factory with a knife in my back hasn't helped.

My hatred of the place is up there with Skem.
SteveRi - on 20 Mar 2013
Well I never, I worked up the road on the Heath for years and also never knew about these.
Ben Farley - on 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Tony Birtill: If this is the little crag on the heath behind frogsmouth quarry then es, Andy Popp and Si Huthwaite have been climbing there a bit lately. I've been once recently and thought there were a few good problems, especially the slab and aretes. Ask on ukb and Andy and Simon (fatneck) should get back to you.
SteveRi - on 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Ben Farley:
No, it's down the road towards the Expressway from the link. Are you talking about the stuff by the visitor centre Ben?
Ben Farley - on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to SteveRi: I mean the aretes and slab that are over by the heath, five minutes from thhe visitor centre. Other side of all the big scrappy buttresses. Right by a quarried cutting and an old metal railway trolley 'relic'. That probably wont make sense unless you know it.
ads.ukclimbing.com
SteveRi - on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to Ben Farley:
I know the trolley, I used to run hill reps behind on that hideous slope behind when I worked nearby :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.