UKC

Runcorn boulder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 18 Mar 2013
Has anyone been on the sandstone boulders at Stonehills Lane, Runcorn, Cheshire WA7 5XB recently?
I have used them in the past, but noticed last week that some kind person has chopped down some of the trees that were next to them- a big improvement.
However, this seems to have attracted more binge drinkers to the venue, as there are more broken bottles than usual.
Has anyone ever done a topo guide for these 2 boulders?
New POD 19 Mar 2013
http://goo.gl/maps/oKvj0

I spent 6 years working in Runcorn, and never knew these existed.

http://goo.gl/maps/oKvj0 Click on link for satalite view.

I believe that "Runcorn" roughly translates from the Latin "Face Smash".

Can I troll a bit more ? I hate the place. 6 years working in a factory with a knife in my back hasn't helped.

My hatred of the place is up there with Skem.
 steveriley 20 Mar 2013
Well I never, I worked up the road on the Heath for years and also never knew about these.
 Ben Farley 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Removed UserTony Birtill: If this is the little crag on the heath behind frogsmouth quarry then es, Andy Popp and Si Huthwaite have been climbing there a bit lately. I've been once recently and thought there were a few good problems, especially the slab and aretes. Ask on ukb and Andy and Simon (fatneck) should get back to you.
 steveriley 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Ben Farley:
No, it's down the road towards the Expressway from the link. Are you talking about the stuff by the visitor centre Ben?
 Ben Farley 22 Mar 2013
In reply to SteveRi: I mean the aretes and slab that are over by the heath, five minutes from thhe visitor centre. Other side of all the big scrappy buttresses. Right by a quarried cutting and an old metal railway trolley 'relic'. That probably wont make sense unless you know it.
 steveriley 22 Mar 2013
In reply to Ben Farley:
I know the trolley, I used to run hill reps behind on that hideous slope behind when I worked nearby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...