Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Van cooling system help

Cheese Monkey - on 21 Mar 2013
My lovely van has recently developed some major issues. About a month ago a water hose split and it overheated, but I didnt let it redline. Recovered, repaired and serviced and all was fine for a week. Then a week later around town it started overheating and another leak was discovered around the thermostat housing, however the water level was still high. Thermostat and housing changed. A day later the temperature was up again, new leak at the water pump and several hose connections. Now 3 days later and having spent 600 on the thing it has developed another leak. Why are all these leaks appearing? It has never properly redlined and the head gasket is good. After each fix it has been pressure tested fine. Since the initial water pipe split it has not lost a significant amount of water. To say it is driving me mental would be an understatement. I am very reluctant to send it back to the garage again, I want to fix this myself now as I have no cash!
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums