UKC

sigma 14mm lens

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 riddle 03 Apr 2013
I am considering selling my 14mm lens, however it is a manual focus. Is there much interest in manual lenses?
Boulders@Cardiff 03 Apr 2013
In reply to riddle:

Is it Sigma fit?

There's quite a bit of interest in manual lenses from the DSLR video crowd. You can usually buy an adapter for old lenses to fit most DSLRs, have a look on eBay.

There's particular interest in wide lenses from what I've seen because of the crop factor on cameras like the 7d and the Panasonic micro 4/3.

Out of interest... What would you be looking to get for it?
OP riddle 03 Apr 2013
In reply to Boulders@Cardiff:

The lens is Nikon fit. I use it, infrequently, with my D80. However as a rank amateur struggle to make the best use of the lens as it lacks the auto focus and other benefits. Currently I use my 18-200VR lens to take the readings, switch lens and adjust the camera/lens settings to match.

All very Heath Robinson and time consuming. I also need some space and would like to buy a lens for landscape pictures (10-20mm possibly).

I have seen the lens on eBay for £90, which seems a good bet. I also have a Sekonic L308S light meter to go with.

Boulders@Cardiff 12 Apr 2013
In reply to riddle:

As someone who shoots video on a 60D I would love to take it off your hands, manual focus etc. is not a problem. Sadly though I've just shelled out on a snazzy new tripod and would get a right telling off from the missus.

I would (if you already haven't, I didn't realise this was so long ago) eBay it and include the whole 'Can be adapted to Canon EOS, Panasonic Micro 4/3' and all that jazz in the title and you should get some good interest in it, all the adapters are there on eBay for under a tenner.

Good luck!
Joby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...