UKC

Most robust DSLR (<400 body)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 11 Apr 2013
In terms of resistance to shock (repeated?), water, freezing, humidity, heat, sand, mud and dirt?
RockShock 11 Apr 2013
In reply to neuromancer:

I am not up to date on the recent models, but some time ago all the Pentax DSLRs were waterproofed (provided a special non-kit lens was used) and quite sturdy. The K-30 seems to be in your price range: http://www.pentax.jp/english/products/k-30/ This would tick off the water resistance/dust resistance...

However, when it comes to repeated dropping.....

Cheers
RS
In reply to neuromancer:

Pentax K-30, in your price range, or Canon 7D or 1D series, which are not in your price range.

Nikon and Canon and Sony do nothing remotely weather sealed at the budget end of the market.
 CacCarnBeag 13 Apr 2013
In reply to neuromancer: I have the aforementioned Pentax K30 and can reccomend it. I've used it quite a lot this winter in the gorms while climbing etc and it's held up really well. Its been soaked quite a lot and thrashed around in the pack while climbing chimneys etc and its been totally fine. I keep it in a camera bag though. Though I dont thinik i'd want to "repeatedly" bash it about. Very good camera mind, some pics on my gallery.
 hfac 13 Apr 2013
In reply to CacCarnBeag: I have the pentax K5, and have abused it pretty badly, it's held up to all the abuse I've thrown at it, cold/ice in the winter in the lakes/wales, 40degrees+ temperatures in the Balkans, Sand from the Sahara etc...
You'd quite easily pick up a K5 used for £400 or even less these days. I was toying about upgrading the the K5IIs, but couldn't justify it as yet, maybe next year...
 Geoboy 17 Apr 2013
In reply to neuromancer: I gave my old 50d a hammering and it held up very well. well within your price range and also a fantastic camera. might be worth investigated to what extent the 50d is weather sealed compared to, for example the 5d mk II

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...