ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Summer Peak UKC meet/booze-up/gritfest/campathon

wilkie14c - on 12 Apr 2013
An off hand comment elsewhere I made has turned slightly viral and there is much interest for a centrally based meet in summer. I propose a meet in the Peak, camping at North Lees. Early days I know but folks have to get dates in their diary.
Peak based means everyone is catered for with grit routes of all grades within easy access, bouldering too with Burbage and Plantation mere minutes away. Sport is down the road at Horseshit <sorry - shoe> and limestone trad down the river at Stoney, High Tor, Wildcat etc. Great walking to be found in any direction and pubs and shops down the road at Hathersage.
Although Mrs W doesn't climb I expect she'll want to come too just to banter the climbers so bring partners/wifes/husbands/slaves if too they want to get away for the weekend and meet new people and have a laugh.
I propose Friday 28th June to Monday 1st July. I realise many folks would only be able to do the Sat & Sun but thats no problem. All 4 days or just 1 day, you decide, I'll be there for all 4.
If I can get some numbers over the next week or so I'll contact North Lees and prime them up. They may need us 'picnicers' to book their pitch directly but I'm sure this won't be a problem for anyone.
Don't worry about grades, I'm sure we can pair up like for like on the day at the crag and if this turns out to be highly populated 15+ say we should consider splitting up rather than all crowding the same areas. Those tw*ts at UKC hate that sort of thing and they'll be slagging us off for weeks...
... not showing 85 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums