Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Via Ferrata - Vallouise

CharlieBrown - on 23 Apr 2013
Hi All,

We are currently considering a family holiday involving some Via Ferrata-ing, walking, climbing and general lazing around with a a book! We are currently considering the Vallouise area near the Ecrin's National park in the Savoie (Haute Savoie ?) area of southern France. Since we will all be complete novices in the art of Via Ferrata I was hoping that the UKC collective could shed some light on the pitfalls and advantages of this particular area and even recommend any particular routes to tackle or useful resources, online or otherwise that might be helpful.

The Children are both fairly competent rock climbers and are used to being dragged out on the hill and hopefully we will be able to borrow some proper VF kit but some first hand experience of the area would be really helpful in our decision making process ;-)

Your thoughts, good and bad, are appreciated ;-)

Cheers

CB
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums