UKC

langdale bouldering wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Kelly 17 May 2013
there is a now a free bouldering wall at the National trust campsite great langdale

https://www.facebook.com/NTLakescampsites?ref=hl

Jon Stewart 17 May 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

Cool!
OP John Kelly 18 May 2013
In reply to John Kelly: it's probably the only dry 'rock' in langdale this morning
 xplorer 18 May 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

It's is the only dry bit of langdale. Had a quick mess about on it this morning.
 stuart58 18 May 2013
In reply to xplorer: its probably the most expensive to use in the country with the stupidly high prices they charge to camp there!
 xplorer 18 May 2013
In reply to stuart58:

Not if you get the train and walk. Pennies mate. There green discount is pretty good if you ask me
In reply to stuart58:

Hi Stuart - there are a range of prices depending on what type of camping you want to undertake.

cost for a backpacker during the off season £3.25 per night, cost for a large family tent (6m by 7m) aug bank hol £22.50 per night - additional adults £5.50 per night. For that you get access to some of the greatest walking and climbing in the uk and when your finished hot showers and a drying room

In reply to xplorer: please feedback on the wall (or anything else) when you get a chance
 xplorer 18 May 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

The bouldering wall is spot on for when its raining, undercover, and surprising few people using it today.

The rain has stopped and with tomorrow's forecast of sun and some wind. Some routes maybe ok!
In reply to xplorer:
wall stayed dry,that's good to know, have to see what its like in a wet westerly gale

i agree there hasn't been many takers for the wall so far, maybe when it's sunny???

you could climb on raven now - dries really quickly - descent would be more serious (might be worth continuing up to the pike of stickle path before descending)
 xplorer 18 May 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

Yea completely dry, I don't think it being a little wet would cause any problems anyway.

Really good idea to put a bouldering wall up, adds to an already excellent campsite in a prime location.
In reply to xplorer: cheers for the feedback john
 xplorer 18 May 2013
In reply to John Kelly:

How about putting a climbing partners board in the reception.
In reply to xplorer: I will give it a try and see if it flies, UKC works petty well john

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...