ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Summer Peak meet - roll call!

wilkie14c - on 11 Jun 2013
Appolgies if anyone thought this had gone quiet, I've been exceptionally busy recently, not even been out climbing :-( That all ends in a couple of weeks time though, 4 days of Peak grit, beer, BBQ, camping and laughs!

So, there is a facebook event page and an email group that I've been updating as and when any news came. Like Christmas though, everything is done but the waiting! Just to recap, those that expressed an interest initially voted on a campsite and Hardhurst Farm in Hope came out as clear favorite, I've rang them and booked space for 15 or so tents but if coming you need to ring them and book yourself in, tell them its for the UKC climbing meet. Its reasonably priced, has good facilities and walking distance to the pub. Dogs are welcome and they'll cater for campervans too. It is approx 10 mins walk from Hope rail station, 20/30 mins for the foody joints and pubs in Castleton and bang in the middle of some of the best climbing in the UK - moorland grit, eastern edges, sport and trad limstone. Dovedale and the Roaches are a little further afield but no biggie really, it doesn't get dark till 22.00 so use all of that daylight.
I'll be there from 09.00 ish on Friday morning and plan to stay until the very end by climbing all day Monday, maybe going home or maybe staying over Monday night too, I'm easy :-)
Everyone is welcome - young, old, hard core, bumbly, race, gender etc. Lifts and partners can be sorted on the day or stay with your regular partner if you wish. The aim is for a fun weekend of climbing, as easy or as hard as you want to make it. All four days or just a day trip and catch up with us for a day, whatever you want as there are no hard and fast rules on this meet. The long suffering Mrs blanchie will be there too and although she doesn't climb she'll be up at the crag if nice weather taking pics, brewing tea, piss-taking and sunbathing. Bring your non-climbing partner too, plenty to do in the Peak for them other than climb.

I'll be selling raffle tickets on the Friday and Saturday and have some great prizes to give away in the grand prize draw in the pub on Saturday night. All raffle proceeds to be gifted to Edale MRT to ensure the sterling work they do continues. Prizes inc Harnesses, wires, crabs, signed books and DVD's and lots of stocking fillers, every prize is worth winning and I thank in advance of the raffle all of the contributors who have pledged donations. <due to safety implications, very prize is brand new obviously>

Friday 28th June to Monday 1st July
Hardhurst Farm
Hope

Any special requests, assistance, lifts etc then post up on this thread and between the lot of us we'll get done what needs doing. Remember, this is a fun weekend with no elitist or cliquey intentions.
Its gonna be like the Friday night dinking thread but on steriods!

*Meet disclaimer*
All participants must understand and accept that no liability can be accepted by anyone for any injuries/accidents during the meet. No formal training is offered or implied and this meet is to be considered completely informal.
... not showing 84 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums