Off Belay forum


View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Why have low GCSE grades?

lowersharpnose - on 18 Jun 2013
I was looking at the grade breakdown for GCSE exams in 2012 and wondered why there are so many grades.

Looking at biology, 93% get a C or above and 98% get a D or above. Below D, there are E, F, G & U to split up the remaining 2%. This seems a bit pointless to me.

Why bother?

With maths,
6% A*
15% A or above
30% B or above
58% C or above
77% D or above
87% E or above
94% F or above
98% G or above

So, the bottom grades are more finely tuned than the top grades.

Are these lower grade distinctions of any use?

... not showing 74 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums